Taste Of New Zealand Shore Excusion (Small Group & Carbon Neutral)
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: CHC01
Hop of the boat and jump into a day where you will delight your tastebuds with some of New Zealand’s best beer and wine. This Taste of New Zealand Tour will take you around some of Canterbury finest Wine and Beer locations, and scenery that Canterbury has to offer. You will learn a wealth of information and will arrive back home amazing your family and friends back home with what you have learnt about New Zealand Wine, Beer and Spirits, on your Taste of New Zealand Tour.
We visit three locations on this tour:
· Straight 8 Estate – Located just south of Rolleston this family-owned vineyard is a relaxing and welcoming with plenty of space to wander around. It is also named after a 1935 Light Sports Railton which has been in their family for 50 years. This classic vintage racing even has its own garage inside the cellar door dating back to its era and it is still being used today - not just a showpiece.
· Brew Academy – Located in Waltham, Christchurch, this is the place to taste some of New Zealand’s best beers, and they have teamed up with Smoke n Barrel for the perfect food to along with it.
· The Spirits Workshop – Located in Sydenham, they are a small batch distillery that began when four whisky lovers brought a small still, with a curiosity to develop distinctly New Zealand spirts. There is always a story behind each of their products and what they have created.
You will be driven in comfort in our modern, comfortable minibuses packed with extras, just to make your journey that bit easier. Led by our fun and knowledgeable and passionate tour guides, this journey will come to life in a new way for you.
· Wine Tasting
· Beer Tasting
· The Spirits Workshop Tour
Lyttleton Port – We collect you from port, and make our way out to Straight 8 Estate nestled at the top of the Canterbury Plains . As we make our way through the Garden City towards Straight 8 our knowledge and friendly driver will point out the highlights of the Garden City as you are passing through.
Straight 8 Estate – We arrive at this fun winery ready for a wonderful and relaxing time tasting wines, you might even be greeted by Georgie the vineyard dog who is never too far away from the visitors, and potential food offerings.
Brew Academy – From wine sampling to beer tasting, our taste of New Zealand tour continues when we arrive at the Brew Academy. Here you will taste some New Zealand’s best beer and have lunch together, before embarking on our final stop of the day.
Spirit Workshop – This is our last stop of the day where you will learn from the talented distillers how Whisky and Gin are made and have a guided tasting.
· Lyttleton Port - The taste of New Zealand tour has come to a close, so time to head back to the ship with hearts happy from a fun day tasting New Zealand.
· Wine Tasting
· Craft Beer Tasting
· Gin and Whisky Tasting
· Small Group
· Carbon Neutral
· Bottled Water
· Local kiwi snacks
· USB charging
· 100% Kiwi as experience
We at Cheeky Kea Travel believe it is our small groups, our guides, the journey and all those little details that set our tours well apart. Secret stops, wildlife viewings, specially designed vehicles, complementary refreshments, and many other fun surprises will ensure our tours are an experience to remember.
See More, Do More, Spend Less